Mar 19, 2006

Seafood Enchiladas

Friday night I had a craving for sushi. This is somewhat unusual. People from Kansas tend to distrust all seafood in general and raw seafood in particular, yet occassionally I enjoy some salmon tempura or California rolls.

Anyway, I figure that the fancy grocery store by my apartment has sushi in the deli area. I drive there, run inside in the pouring rain, wander around, and find no sushi whatsoever. I ponder my choices as I sit in my car. I can go home and eat pasta for the 7th day in a row, or I can move forward in my quest for sushi. I decide that I will continue in my search and go to the super fancy grocery store a few miles away. I drive there, run inside in the pouring rain, wander around, and again find no sushi whatsoever. By this point I'm hungry and grouchy, so I decide to buy something else so that I can eat before I run to the airport to pick up a friend. I browse the other ready-made options (aka food for lazy single yuppies). I want to get the ah-mazing vegetarian egg rolls I'd discovered on the last trip to the mecca of fancy food, but decide that I should stick with the fish craving from earlier and branch out to something new. I see that there are "Seafood Enchiladas." I don't particularly like seafood. I really only like crab and salmon. But I figure I should try new things.

I go home and eat my enchiladas of the sea. It was less of a success than one might have hoped.

Moral of the story: Don't try new things, particularly if those things are seafood enchiladas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home