Apr 29, 2007

The Final Countdown

I was watching overtime of the Buffalo Sabres/New York Rangers game today, and at some point they played "The Final Countdown" in Madison Square Garden--on the organ. It was a glorious moment for one of the best worst songs ever. This prompted a conversation with a friend over other appropriate instruments (apart from the original synthesizer) worthy of playing Europe's greatest hit. We came up with the following list:

1) Accordion
2) Kazoo
3) Bagpipes

I am totally open to any other creative ideas. Also any thoughts on "The Final Countdown" in general and its inspired use in Arrested Development in particular.

3 Comments:

Blogger Hilary said...

On AD: I saw Maebe in a Lifetime movie this morning as I was flipping channels. And it looks like George Michael will be in a terrible movie this fall.

I think they should make an AD movie. It would be genius. And can't you just imagine exiting the theater to credits rolling to "The Final Countdown" cranked up to 11?

1:41 PM  
Blogger Hilary said...

i did it - it's my ringtone! hallelujah.

how come you never post to your blog? has nothing happened in your life since april? :)

8:52 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

You don't blog anymore!! And I just found you! I LOVE ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT.

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home