Mar 21, 2006

Apostrophes

I saw two horrific miscarriages of grammar and taste tonight. I had to share.

The first on a license plate cover:

"In case of rapture, cars yours!"

While I appreciate your attempt to imply that you are completely righteous and I am a sinner doomed to suffer during the apocalypse with the cold comfort of your awesome ride, I am offended by your total lack of understanding of the English language.

The second on an apartment complex:

"Size matter's. Big 1,2 bedroom's."

The double wrong apostrophe and general tackiness. Impressive. Except, wait, not at all.

Things like this make me sad for humanity--and its lack of humanities knowledge.

1 Comments:

Blogger Hilary said...

you should have put "it's lack of humanities knowledge"

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home