Jul 30, 2010

Bad Blogger

So, I pretty much suck at this blog thing.  I've tried and failed and tried and failed.  It might not be in the cards for me.

I thought that having a point to my blog would help.  "I love reading, so I will blog about books!" I thought.  But then books felt like work, and I had trouble writing about books without giving away too much.  So much of my love of books is based on finding out what happens that I'm too sensitive in writing about them to people who haven't read them.  It was much easier in college to discuss and write papers about books that everyone in the class had also read (or should have read) and the professor had read approximately 400 times.

At the same time, I like reading friends' blogs and hearing stories about their lives/babies/projects/passions.  I like the idea of being in that sort of community.  

Thus, welcome to reboot number 3 or 4 (I've lost count).  I've decided I'm going to blog randomly.  I'll post links to other, better blogs or to things at stores I love but can't (or shouldn't) afford. Maybe mention books I've enjoyed or not.  Possibly post pictures of the cats or tell stories about how sweet my husband is.  Hard to say, really.

First up, though, I'm going to try to make a paper bag waist skirt based on a tutorial from a sewing blog I read occasionally.  I promise to post pictures regardless of how terrible the result, so be sure to check back in for possible train-wreck type carnage!  (Although I just realized my husband took the camera on a trip and won't return until Sunday.  You may see pixelated camera phone carnage.  Gritty!  Viral!  Possibly unintelligible!)

However, don't be surprised if a brief period of blogging enthusiasm is followed by a dry spell.  That's how I roll, apparently.

1 Comments:

Blogger Hilary said...

Hooray! The cyberworld is so glad that you've returned! We've missed you! :) (Except for the multiple emails a day, of course.)

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home