Mar 25, 2006

Mythbusters

I love the Discovery Channel (except for those "true crime" shows). Yay for something good being on at 11 on a Saturday night even if it's on my tiny television. Any show that shows people trying to start a fire with ice is more than fine by me.

I needed something to replace the brain cells lost while watching "Cheaters." What else is one to do when you get released from family stuff at 9ish on a Saturday, get home from Grand Prairie at 9:45 even with a stop at the trusty B&N, and don't feel like harrassing your friends who are doubtless in the middle of their fab Saturday night plans?

Speaking of B&N, Company by Max Barry wasn't in stock. I read a review and was intrigued. (Yes, I read book reviews. I have to read something when I'm not plowing through the Salman Rushdie tome currently on my nightstand, keeping up with msnbc.com, or perusing the dictionary. Plus, you can only find so many good books by picking ones semi-blindly off shelves at Half-Price Books.) Seriously though...a book about a corporation with a riddle for a mission statement? Vendettas over stolen pastries? Written by an ex-HP marketer? I think it's a must read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home