Aug 8, 2010

Inspiration

More sewing here.  I guess I'm on a roll.

I have three weddings coming up in the next few months, and that requires some clothing coordination.  I have to drag out the dresses from my closet and figure out which ones I've worn around each friend group--high school, college, husband's friends, etc.  While I know my friends love me no matter what I wear, I'd prefer not to wear identical outfits to weddings where the same people are in attendance.  I don't want it to turn into the Seinfeld episode where Jerry dates the girl who is wearing the same dress every time he sees her. 

This process inevitably leads me to search for dresses online.  Buying an entirely new dress is an excellent way to ensure you're not wearing the same dress.  In browsing different websites, I ran across this dress at Anthropologie. 

I really like this dress.  The neckline is interesting without being strange, and it's so simple and classic overall.   It's a little casual for an evening wedding, but I think I could make this dress in a similar color but a different, thicker, less wrinkly fabric.  In fact, I went to Jo-Ann's to use my 50% off coupon to buy just such a fabric today.  I think I'm going to lose the buttons down the front and just put in a zipper along the side or back--again, an attempt to make it a little dressier.  But not too dressy, because I'd still like to be able to wear it to work....

I'm already picturing wearing it with my yellow patent leather shoes. I might be a little ahead of myself. 

I'm not sure when I'll start working on it.  I've got a busy week ahead, and I promised my sister a yellow skirt so I've got that on my to do list as well.  We'll see how my projects shake out.  I may be in a bit over my head on this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home