Mar 28, 2006

The New TV: Strike 3

Tonight Circuit City helpfully replaced malfunctioning TV 2 with TV 3.

Guess what? TV 3 is also broken.

While this TV does turn on (unlike TV 1) and stays on (unlike TV 2), the "normal" screen setting annoyingly flares at the top. It's very minor, only affecting the top inch or so, but it is enough to be obnoxiously noticeable. Intense perusal of the manual (which has mysterious detritus on it) did not provide me a way to fix this. In addition, the remote rattles and has a giant chip in the side of it. To add insult to injury, they brought me the floor TV. While I officially have nothing against floor TVs, replacing my brand new non-working TV with a display model and not offering me at least a perfuctory discount is not exactly pristine business practice.

I have never had such a terrible customer experience in my life. I love this TV, and I don't want a different model. However, I feel that this line must be fundamentally flawed. What does that mean? It means I'm going to get bullied into a more expensive TV (and this one ain't exactly cheap...), make unfortunate delivery people walk up and down the stairs to my 3rd floor apartment with a 122 lb. TV again, and generally be despondent that I couldn't get a single unit of the perfect TV (for me) to work.

Moral of the Story: Don't buy the 30" Widescreen Philips Flat Tube HDTV.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home